I’ve been wanting a vintage lamp with a pleated shade but I was never able to find one with a base that I liked. So, I took matters into my own hands and decided to create one!
I ended up thrifting the lamp with the pleated share that I want and thrifted a vase that I also loved and decided that I would combine the two to create my lamp.
Once you’ve found your two pieces, it’s time to put everything together.
1. Remove the shade from the lamp as well as the electric wire and the bulb
2. I spray painted my base with Rustoleum stone effect
3. Once dry, slowly drill a hole at the base of the vase wide enough for the wire to go through
4. Pass the wire through the hole and to the top if the vase
5. Put back the bulb system together with the wire
6. Glue the base of the bulb to the top of the vase using construction adhesive
7. If your vase opening is too wide, you can add a piece of wood that you’d glue to the vase and make a hole in it to insert the light
That’s it, it’s easy and you have a beautiful piece to your taste and for a low budget.